Join Us In The Park!
Starting Monday 6/29 we’ll be moving most of our classes from Zoom to McCarren Park.
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be wonderful if you help us stay afloat by spreading the word about our online classes far and wide (people can participate from anywhere, and we will have Level 1 classes!) Read on for templates you can use to post about this.
COVID-19 Update: We’re Temporarily Closed
An update on our COVID-19 response plan. Please click through to read the full update.
WORKOUTS OF THE DAY
TO JOIN A PARK CLASS
1. Reserve your spot with the Wodify app
2. Bring a weight to work out with: a dumbbell, kettlebell, or backpack of books
3. Bring a mask: you must wear this whenever within 6 feet of anyone else but we’re ok with you removing it to work out once distanced.
4. Before you leave the house: check your email to make sure class hasn’t been cancelled due to inclement weather, and pee because there aren’t bathrooms at the park.
5. Meet in the park at the corner of Bayard Street and Lorimer Street.
TO CONNECT TO ZOOM CLASS
1. Go to zoom.us in a web browser, or download the Zoom app.
2. Select “Join Meeting”
3. Enter meeting ID 878-2022-6705
4. Enter password: 98bayard
TO WATCH RECORDED CLASS
View on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1-LXAkWbPH_6WVHUY_frA
(It usually takes us a couple hours after class to post it.)
ALL LEVELS PROGRAMMING
* A heavy object: dumbbell OR kettlebell OR backpack full of books.
* Optional: jump rope
* Optional: knee sleeves or other knee padding for lunges
* Optional: towel or yoga mat for planking
Every 90 Seconds for 18 Minutes (3 Rounds) --
Set 1: 8-12/side Contralateral Romanian Deadlifts [https://youtu.be/LBzxZCUZrNA]
Set 2: 8-12/side Goblet Split Stance Squats [https://youtu.be/4pyjF0IEZ6g]
Set 3: 10-16 Plank Pass Throughs [https://youtu.be/V4h4Cl4VYn0]
Set 4: 0:20/side Single Leg Plank Hold [https://youtu.be/b8RNli1Bjl4]
30 Power Snatches, 50/35lbs, alternating
100 ft. Overhead Walking Lunges, 50/35 lbs, alternate every 25ft.
30 Power Snatches
-- Intermediate Version --
Heavy Object: 35/20 lbs approx.
Double-Unders: 45 Double-Unders or 90 Penguin Jumps
Overhead Lunge: Front Rack Lunge
-- Beginner Version --
Heavy Object: 20/10 lbs approx.
Power Snatch: Hang Power Snatch, alternate every 5
Double-Unders: 30-90 Single-Unders
Overhead Lunge: Unweighted Lunge
FROM THE BLOG
@spensermestel finds out a few things about Callan Lamb for our documentary series ALTER EGOS: the secret real life identities of people you’ve only ever seen in sweatpants!
:: Loves Most about CFV: That the coaches stop him from adding too much weight, especially when he’s ignoring his awful overhead mobility. He also wants to give a shoutout to his gym conscience, @layla_loo82, who convinced him he could do toes-to-bar and makes it feel like “every workout is the Open” (in a good way).