The 2013 Subway Series starts Saturday, August 3rd at CrossFit Queens!
Athletes have 80 seconds to complete the following complex:
2 Hang Power Cleans
The athlete will attempt the complex at up to 12 increasing weights, ladder-style. For an attempt to be counted, the athlete must complete at least 3 deadlifts. There will be a 10 second transition period after each 80 second lifting period for athletes to move to the next bar in the ladder. If the athlete fails at a weight, they may attempt it again, and/or complete as many burpees as possible in the remainder of 80 seconds — this will be used as a tiebreaker. Once the athlete fails a weight, they will be out and will not proceed to the next bar.
Scaled Women: 35, 45, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 105
Scaled Men: 65, 85, 105, 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 205
RX Women: 75, 85, 95, 105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145
RX men: 135, 155, 175, 195, 205, 215, 225, 235, 245, 255, 265, 275
Scoring and Tie Breaks
Score will be based on (in this order):
- The highest weight at which the athlete successfully completed the complex
- How far the athlete progressed in the complex at the weight at which they failed.
- How many burpees the athlete completed in the remainder of 80 seconds.
Athlete A successfully completes the complex at 215, performs 3 deadlifts and 2 cleans but fails the jerk at 225, and then completes 7 burpees in the remainder of 80 seconds. His score is 215.507.
Athlete B successfully completes the complex at 215, performs 3 deadlifts and then goes right into the burpees, performing 21 in the remainder of 80 seconds. His score is 215.321.
- Deadlifts start on the ground and end with knees and hips completely open.
- Deadlifts must be touch-and-go — no stopping or regripping on the ground.
- The complex must be completed unbroken — i.e. you may not put the barbell down on the ground at any time during the complex except to touch and go between deadlifts.
- Athletes may regrip off the ground — i.e. hold the barbell in their hip crease and regrip between cleans.
- Cleans start with arms fully extended and end with the bar in a front rack, knees and hips completely open.
- Squat cleans will be permitted.
- There must be a re-dip after the third deadlift (athletes may not power clean from the ground.)
- Jerk will be interpreted as shoulder to overhead by any means — the bar must begin in the front rack and end completely locked out overhead.
- The athlete may not jerk from alternative locations (i.e. behind the neck.)
Heats will be organized as follows:
- Scaled Women
- Scaled Men
- Rx Women
- RX Men