It’s almost summer: time to get back in the paleo swing of things with our Spring Whole30 Paleo Challenge! We’re tossing the sugar, grains, and alcohol for 30 days of clean livin’ leading up to Memorial Day weekend — join us!
Duration: Thursday, April 24th – Friday, May 23rd
Entry Fee: $20
Prizes: Top man and top woman will win $250 each plus a free month of unlimited BBC membership. Runner-up man and woman will each receive a free month of unlimited BBC membership.
How To Enter
On Thursday, April 24th during all classes, we’ll be running the challenge buy-in! You need to attend this event to enter the challenge.
Come ready to:
- Fork over $20 for the entry fee
- Pose for ‘before’ pictures (details below.)
- Complete performance benchmark (details below.)
- Weigh in (this will be kept confidential — you may opt not to weigh in, but it may negatively impact the benchmark portion of your score, as we are taking into account change in performance relative to change in bodyweight.)
On Friday, May 23rd during all classes, we’ll be having a end-o-challenge extravaganza to weigh-out / benchmark / after-picture all participants.
What To Eat
We are running this challenge as a Whole30, as pioneered by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig. In brief, you’ll be giving up sugar, alcohol, and grains, and eating real, natural, unprocessed food in the form of meat, seafood, eggs, veggies, fruit, and good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds.
Here are some resources to get you started!
Before and After Pictures
- Participants must have 3 ‘before’ pictures taken by Sam at the BBC: front view, side view and back view. Men are in shorts; women are in shorts and sports bra/bikini top.
- To be eligible to win, participants must have 3 ‘after’ pictures taken by Sam at the BBC. Same views / attire as ‘before’ pics.
- Pictures will remain private for the duration of the contest except for print-outs of 3 male and 3 female finalists that will be kept at the BBC and used to vote for winners.
- Once the contest is over, we would very much like to use before / after photos of participants to help persuade future clients to clean up their diet! We will ask about your preferences on this at the beginning and again at the end of the contest — we hope you’ll help us out!