Here’s the lowdown on what’s coming up Saturday afternoon!
Workout #1: RUN, FAT BAR. RUN!
In 10 minutes:
- RUN 400m as a team, transporting 1x50lb sandbag and 1x25lb sandbag the entire distance.
- In the remaining time, find a 1 rep max FAT BAR DEADLIFT for each team member.
Your team’s score will be the sum of each team member’s 1 rep max.
- Team must start the run together.
- Team must carry 2 sandbags: 50lbs & 25lbs. Any team member or combination of team members may carry the sandbags.
- Team cannot begin deadlifting until all members and both sandbags are back from the run.
- Team cannot touch/load the barbell until all members and both sandbags are back from the run.
- Deadlifts must be performed with a double overhand grip. No straps. Belts are allowed. The lift must go from the floor to lockout: legs straight, hips open.
Workout #2: GRINDHOUSE
- 60 Hang Power Snatch, 45lbs Women
- 60 Hang Power Snatch, 65lbs Men
- 50 OHS, 65lbs Women
- 50 OHS, 95lbs Men
- 40 Squat Clean, 95lbs Women
- 40 Squat Clean, 135lbs Men
- 30 Deadlift, 135lbs Women
- 30 Deadlift, 225lbs Men
- 20 Pullups Women
- 20 C2B Pullups Men
Your team’s score will be the time to complete all reps.
- Each team will have 1 barbell and weights (4×45, 2×25, 2×10)
- The women take turns doing their reps, then the bar is loaded for the men and then the men take turns doing their reps.
- Womens’ reps may be broken up in any way between the women, and mens’ reps may be broken up in any way between the men. Men may not do womens’ reps and women may not do mens’ reps.
- All womens’ reps must be completed before mens’ reps can begin, and all mens’ reps must be completed before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hang power snatch must go from below hip crease to full lockout overhead (knees, hips, arms must all be locked out.)
- Overhead squats must start at full lockout (knees, hips, arms) and athlete’s hip crease must break parallel with knee level.
- Squat cleans must start on the floor and be lifted to the shoulders. The athlete must perform a full squat with the hip crease below parallel and then come to stand at full lockout of the knees and hips with the bar on the shoulders.
- Deadlifts must go from the floor to lockout: legs straight, hips open.
- Pull-ups are chin over bar for women, chest to bar for men. Both women and men must achieve full arm extension at the bottom of each pull-up.
Workout #3: SHOULDERS OF THE DEAD
Relay for time:
- Woman #1: Overhead walk 95lbs, then Prowler push 140lbs
- Woman #2: Prowler push 140lbs, then overhead walk 95lbs
- Man #1: Overhead walk 135lbs then Prowler push 190lbs
- Man #2: Prowler push 190lbs, then overhead walk 135lbs
Your team’s score will be the time to complete all walks/pushes.
- The course will be shown to the athletes before the start of the event.
- All athletes should use the high uprights on the prowler.
- Athletes must change the weights themselves and load the prowler.
- Every time the bar is lowered to the shoulders, the hang or the ground, the team will earn a 10 burpee penalty. All the penalty burpees are to be done as a team after all walks/pushes are complete with only 1 athlete working at a time. The clock doesn’t stop until all the burpees are finished.